Thursday, November 23, 2017
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 

Father of accused says his son was tortured by the CBI, forced to confess

The juvenile apprehended in connection with the alleged murder of hid seven-year-old school mate at Ryan International School in Bhondsi here, was on Saturday sent to judicial custody till November 22. He will be kept at an observation home.

The CBI produced the 16-year-old before judicial magistrate (First Class) of the Juvenile Justice (JJ) Board Devinder Singh.

“The JJ Board ordered to send the juvenile to an observation home in Faridabad till November 22,” said Sandeep Aneja, counsel for the accused. Mr. Aneja said the CBI would have to move an application before the JJ Board for seeking any further custody and they would also be informed about it.

‘CBI violated orders’

The father of the juvenile, meanwhile, moved an application with the JJ Board seeking appropriate action against the investigating officer and CBI officials, stating that they had violated the Board’s orders that interrogation be conducted only between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. for three days.

Later, speaking to the media, the father accused the CBI of extorting the confession out of his son by torture.

He said the family had cooperated with the CBI since the day one, but the agency had framed their son.

“The CBI called us for the first time on September 24. We went to them whenever they called us. But at the end, they put the entire blame on us and framed my son,” said the father.

He alleged that he reached the CBI headquarters with his son on November 8 around noon after the agency called them.

“They took my son inside around 3 p.m. and did not let me meet him for almost six hours. When I was allowed inside at 9 p.m., I found that his eyes and face were red. They had beaten him up,” said the father, seeking justice. He said the CBI slueths hung his son upside down and beat him up.

Video recording

The father, in his application moved through counsels C.K. Sharma and Vishal Gupta, said it was seriously apprehended that the investigating agency was making “crude paddlings/creating false evidence in order to falsely implicate the juvenile and justify their action of arresting”.

The application said that video recording made by several onlookers in Sohna on November 9 showed that the juvenile was present there at 6:15 p.m. It said the register of Seva Kutir, Kingsway Camp at New Delhi also confirmed the fact.

Earlier in the day, the juvenile was taken to Ryan International School around noon to recreate the crime scene. He was also taken to a shop from where he had allegedly bought the knife used to kill the boy. The CBI team also visited his home in connection with the probe.

Courtesy: The Hindu 

Add comment

We welcome comments. No Jokes Please !

Security code
Refresh

National

Who's Online

We have 1995 guests online
 

Visits Counter

750588 since 1st march 2012